"Some People give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give."

Monday, December 13, 2010

Let the countdown begin...

My first year hosting "Christmas Angels" is coming up on Wednesday the 22nd of this month at 6pm in downtown San Diego. I am excited, nervous and so thankful to all of you that have donated either your time, money or supplies. I know we'll touch the lives of countless people in San Diego County that are without. While you may be thinking that the individuals you donate to will be the ones most greatly affected by this experience, let me tell you that you're wrong... The happiness and gratification you get when you hand someone a Christmas gift that you don't know who is overwhelmingly thankful to you is insurmountable. Helping thy neighbor and those less fortunate is what we are told to do in the bible. Reaching out a helping hand and offering what little we have to offer is what we were called to do. We have 7 days until the handout and while I am thankful for what we have already received..we still need a great deal more. We need blankets, warm clothes, more bakers to volunteer and more fiscal donations. If you are interested in helping in any of these areas please contact me.

Here is who has volunteered already:

Jane-Baker/Donater
Candace-Baker/Donater/Angel
Nalani-Driver
Feli-Donater/Baker/Angel
Chas-Baker/Angel
Jarred-Driver
David-
Kristin-Baker/Angel
Evelyn-Baker/Donator
Lani-Donater
Oscar-Donater
Angela-Driver/Angel
Vero & Family-Driver/Angel
Thank you for your kindess and support & Merry Christmas to you and your family-xox Candace

3 comments:

  1. Candace,
    I want to bring my daughter but I need more information. Are we going to be at a shelter or walking in the city? Please count me in as an angel as I'm definitely planning to help. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait ::: best part of Christmas is the love and presence of Jesus as we reach out and share

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allyson, we are going to be driving around downtown following one another and stopping where we see people. On Monday I am going to drive around and take note of where I see the most people! Then the day of we'll meet at my house and I'll give everyone a sheet that says where we're going. We have men coming as chaperones too so we'll be safe! Feel free to email me: candacelareepollock@gmail.com or call me if you need more info: 619-200-8689

    ReplyDelete